This opportunity involves drafting and prosecuting global patent portfolios associated with blockchain technology. Responsibilities include working closely with R&D to monitor the progress of Seal Network in-house research, evaluating freedom to operate and patentability relating to pharmaceuticals, and considering potential regulatory matters.
specific responsibilities and skills
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of intellectual property issues in a growth-oriented pharmaceutical company. The successful candidate should be able to independently identify legal and other issues potentially impacting the business. The ability to counsel research and business colleagues by providing clear advice is essential. The successful candidate is also expected to develop expertise in specific areas of the law and contribute effectively to legal and cross functional projects. The successful candidate will be a part of the product attorney group and will report to a senior attorney.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications (US and foreign patent offices).
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of assigned projects.
- Conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate reviews.
- Counsel research and management colleagues in regards of patent portfolio and strategy.
- Review and assist in the drafting of nondisclosure, research, license and other agreements involving the use, transfer, or ownership of intellectual property.
- Review proposed publications in regards of potential invention disclosure.
- Provide support for in-licensing and acquisitions.
- Typically requires a Juris Doctorate and admission before a State bar or fully qualified legal credentials in geography of operations.
- Years of experience as a Patent Agent can be substituted if currently pursuing Juris Doctorate.
- 4 years of industry or law firm experience.
- Fully admitted to practice applicable laws in the country or jurisdictions of responsibility.
- Must have very in-depth skills and expertise depending on area(s) of responsibility.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong client service orientation.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related sciences preferred.
- Registered before the USPTO.
do you have what it takes?
Please send us your resume via e-mail and we will contact you as soon as possible.